Nov 14, 2008

Rain Rain, Go Away!


So the last few days have been depressingly dark and dreary here in CT and I can feel it starting to drag me down. I miss light during the day...it feels like constant evening here. I miss the sun and the energy it provides my life.
Other than that though things are going alright. Working on my temple preparations! Yesterday I read several chapters of scripture including Matthew 18 which talks about forgiveness. Last night at Institute we talked about the Beatitudes, more forgiveness and about proper communication with the Lord through the marvelous prayer! All good messages :)
I have a goal to try and read Matt, Mark, Luke and John all before going through the temple. My dear lovely Aubrey Dee has informed me that she feels the best way to prepare for the temple is to get to know The Savior so I felt reading through his life here on Earth would be a good way to help do that. I had also planned to read Jesus, The Christ but I've been horribly slacking on that one. I know its available on lds.org for audio download so perhaps I'll put it on my ipod and try to get through it in time that way.
Last Sat at the temple I talked to the distribution center and ordered my temple dress :) I'm getting very excited, its coming so fast! I can't wait for my mom and Aubrey to get here too! I need time with them very much...its been way too long!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I need you too! I am so excited for us all to be in the temple together. A true reminder of what is really important. Love you!!