Nov 11, 2008

My New Obsessions






So at my ward Halloween party a week or so ago I played Rock Band for the first time and oh my gosh I'm now sooooo addicted to it! I played it again this past Friday at another party and was sold...I went out this weekend and bought it! lol I'm rocking out on guitar...now if I can just figure out how to set up the silly drums cause I'm not good at playing those at all, I really need the practice! In the next week or two some girls from my ward want to get together at my house for a movie/rock band party :) That will be fun! Also in video game obsessions my other new favorite game is Singstar where two teams of karaoke players battle it out to see who sings better. We've been playing it in our ward at parties and even at FHE last night and it is such a blast! That's on my soon-to-purchase list as well haha


Another recently discovered obsession is these lovely little candy eggs.....caramel creaminess, marshmellow fluffiness, chocolatly covered heavenly delicious! Seriously....Cadbury has NOTHING on these things! Its very good for me that these are a seasonal item and now the season is over! lol




Last but certainly not least is my new joyous obsession with the Manhattan Temple! Not everyone is probably aware of it...its sort of been a quietly made decision, but I'm going to be going through the temple for my endowment in about a month. In preparation for this I've been visiting the temple to do baptisms every Saturday and have been loving it. The peace and calm I feel in the temple is so amazing. Right now I can feel opposing forces dragging me down, trying to keep this choice from happening, but when I'm in the temple all that force just melts away and I know I'm exactly where I need to be. Going to the temple is amazing! I love it and I'm so glad they built the Manhattan Temple so that I have one close by as I prepare for this big moment in my life.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Ooh yummy...you love candy eggs! I always think of you when I see them. And the temple pic is beautiful. Just three more weeks!!