Dec 24, 2008

Christmas Eve with Christ







On this Christmas Eve, I've found myself stuck here in Connecticut alone, unable to travel home to Utah this year to visit my family as I typically do. I've been sitting in my apartment feeling the crushing loneliness surrounding me all evening and feeling very resentful of the holiday season when I have no one special to share it with this year.

Under my little Christmas tree in the corner of the room sat one solitary gift from my mother. I knew it was a book, as that has always been our Christmas Eve tradition. I also knew it would be a book to enrich my testimony as she has made it a habit of giving me wonderful gospel books.

As I sat there, feeling completely alone, I saw the book under my tree and knew it was time to open it. As I pulled the paper off I was instantly struck with the burning of The Spirit, just from the image on the cover:

One glimpse of the nail print in Christ's hand and I knew I'd found my company for the evening, I am not alone tonight, my Savior is with me.
I devoured the beautiful book, its a coffee table style book where the photographer has brilliantly captured significant moments of the life of Christ. The photographers story touched my heart and pictures brought tears to my eyes. There is also music (which I just bought on itunes...my "Christmas" music for this year) as well as a DVD (which I totally want as well).
My two favorite photos:

Walking on Water

Resurrection

"He is not here: for he is risen." ~Matthew 28:6

Mom, thank you so much for this most wonderful of Christmas Eve books! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

What a touching story. I wish we were together in Utah instead of apart across the country from each other. I miss you and can't wait to see you in a couple of months! I'm really happy your testimony was strengthened through that book. What beautiful pictures.