Dec 11, 2008

Blessings & Happiness

So this past week I've received so many blessings I can't even count them! However, I need to mention the two that are the most significant and have brought the most tremendous joy!
The first was receiving my Endowment at the Manhattan Temple last Friday :)



The lead up to it was crazy and drove me nearly insane, I know that opposing forces were working on me right up till the moment I walked through the temple doors (as was evidenced when I burst into tears at the counter in the distribution center where I'm sure the lady who helped me thought I was a lunatic!) but once I was inside I felt so peaceful and calm and wonderful. The Spirit that day was stronger than I've ever felt it and having my mom by my side and my best friend there to hold my hand made it all the better! It was easily one of the most, if not THE most amazing and marvelous day of my life!

Sitting in the Celestial Room (yep, that's it in the pic!!) all I could think was how grateful I was for being there and the feeling I had there and how that moment wasn't worth trading for ANYTHING in the whole world. Not one single stupid sin could EVER be worth trading that moment! It was wonderful and I can't wait to go back again and again (starting with this Saturday!)

The second great blessing this week was my new little nephew: Elijah James Willis



Elijah James Willis
12-10-08
7 lbs.
19 Inches
Born: 10:01 am

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad I was there with you. I love the temple and you're right - nothing is worth trading for the amazing spirit in the temple. Your endowment will make you a much stronger person. Keep going back often and you will be empowered and blessed more than you can imagine. Love you!