Dec 21, 2008

Snow, snow, a sore throat....oh yeah...and more snow!

Okay, so Thursday night the kids' school called a snow day for Friday. When I woke up on Friday morning our yard looked like this:



I know! What a blizzard!!! Thank goodness for a snow day huh??? *insert eye roll*


It was all okay though...we got to sleep in and have fun the whole day. The fun started with Alexander, my 6 yr old, suggesting that we make crepes for breakfast. I got very excited! Crepes are a *MAGICAL* food (according to Kate the Great - have I ever told you the story of how Kate once wrote a whole paper for my foods class on crepes? I haven't?? Well that's a fabulous story...remind me to tell you someday! haha) Anyway....the trouble was, I've never made crepes! And those who know me know that I'm not the greatest chef on the block (unless you want enchiladas....then watch out Food Network! You got nothin on me!) but I decided to be brave, looked up a simple recipe online and went to work. Low and behold my made-from-scratch crepes were a tremendous success! So yummy! I was quite proud of me! :D



Around lunch time we finally started getting the promised snow (kids could have totally done a half day but whatever!) and boy did it snow a ton! Quite the blizzard...so the kids and I played outside for awhile....even made snow angels on the tennis court! LOL

So thanks to the blizzard we've been stuck at home all weekend and thanks to the snow angels I've had a sore throat as well :( Ugh...nothing but chicken soup and herbal tea for me! Hopefully I'll be better soon!




1 comment:

Aubrey said...

You made crepes? All on your own? Congrats! You're really improving upon your cooking skills. And I don't think I've ever had your enchiladas so next time we're together that's what I want! :)