Mar 9, 2009

Time & Movies

So is anyone else completely annoyed by day light savings time? Yes I know, we get that extra sunshine at the end of the day...but seriously; losing an hour of sleep and having to once again wake up in the darkness??? UGH! I hate it, it makes me feel so much more tired (and I even went to bed early!) Not my favorite time of year. I'm feeling jealous of Arizona since they ignore daylight savings time. In fall I'll love it again when we gain our hour back but for now, its bugging me.

Moving on...lol

This weekend I got to hang out with the kids I used to nanny while their parents were out of town and it was a ton of fun. Its weird seeing them so much older now from when I was there with them 4 years ago. Rachel is now driving! That is nuts!!!

Time goes by so fast....in some ways I feel like I've been in NY/CT forever, but in other ways it seems like there's no way I've been here as long as I have. As much as I'm ready to move on to the next part of my life and very ready for that to be in a new location it still is sad to me to leave my life here. It will be strange to tell it goodbye.


On a totally different note, I finally saw Batman The Dark Knight this weekend. I've had people telling me for months how I need to see that movie and have put it off for two reasons:

1) The Joker terrifies me! (Seriously, I had nightmares about him just from the trailer!)
2) Batman Begins bored me to tears! I don't know, I just didn't like that one...I felt lost and bored the whole time and even fell asleep in the middle of it.

But this weekend the kids found out I'd never seen and thought we should watch it. I was actually surprised I did enjoy it (though Joker STILL terrifies me! LOL)

Another movie I saw recently while in Utah that people had been telling me for ages to see was Transformers which I loved. There's lots of movies out there I haven't seen but have been meaning to see for a long time. A friend of mine and I have been talking about movies a lot the last few days and my list keeps on growing.


Anyone have movie suggestions? Things you've seen lately or movies you love that I ought to add to the list? :)


Hope everyone has a great week!!!

No comments: