Mar 10, 2009

Loving Trader Joe's

There's a grocery store out here on the east coast called Trader Joe's....sadly it isn't in Utah but is in NV, AZ and along the west coast as well.


I've been here for 4 years and I'm just now realizing the awesomeness of this store! I will totally miss it when I'm not here anymore.


Why do I love it? It has some of the most awesome food items and its all really reasonably priced :)


Some of my favs:

These white cheddar corn puffs first caught my eye in my boss's cupboard because my best friend Aubrey and I are obsessed with white cheddar popcorn. I tried them and I became hooked! There's another product at the regular grocery store called Pirates Booty which is also delicious, but the great thing about these is 1) they actually taste better in my opinion cause they're puffier and 2) the bag is twice the size and costs less! YAY!

This I just discovered today...this rice comes in little plastic bags. You take out a bag, cut a small hole in the corner and put in the microwave for 3 minutes...VOILA, perfect rice! May not seem like a big deal but after you've worked for an oriental family who has rice with every meal and you've spent almost 2 years scrubbing sticky rice out of the rice cooker every night, you will TOTALLY appreciate the genius of this item! LOL



These cookies are soooo good! Its basically a candy cane flavored Oreo and they are so yummy! And if you think THESE are good....try to super deluxe kind that are covered in dark chocolate and crushed up candy canes...to die for!

This is another one I just found today...dark chocolate covered Edamame! Edamame is one of my favs ever since my oriental family introduced it to me. Its so good and so healthy! This is of course the UNhealthy version LOL Trust me, these are yummy and addictive to snack on! Trader Joe's has a bunch of chocolate covered things like this....choc grahams, choc caramels, choc pistachios, choc espresso beans...I sat there starring at all of them today in aww of how good it all looked! I'll probably try them all before I leave! hahaha (well except the espresso beans but whatever!)

Anyway......this is my Trader Joe's plug....that place is just awesome!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Mmmm... white cheddar corn puffs?!? Next time you come to Utah try to stuff some in your luggage for me. :)

Candice said...

Ooh, I love trader joe's but always forget to go since it's not on my normal route. I want one of those cookies, they look yummy!