Nov 4, 2010

Rain & Hunger



Have you ever seen the movie Men in Black 2? One of the characters discovers she is from another planet and that she controls the weather with her mood. Whenever she's sad it rains, but her whole life she just thought the rain made her sad rather than her sadness making it rain.

I feel like that...I always feel so gloomy inside when the weather is dark and rainy. Yesterday was great, sunny and cool...a perfect fall day. I got lots done and felt great. This morning when my alarm went off all I wanted was to stay in bed, and when it was time to tell Phil goodbye, turn off Skype and head to work it nearly broke my heart to leave him. I always miss him, I always wish we were together, but sometimes the want becomes a need...its physically painful to be apart from him and I miss him with every bit of my heart and soul. Why am I married but still so painfully alone all the time...

I felt that way this morning and have no idea why. When I did finally go to work I walked out of my room and looked out the window to find that it was dark and gloomy and rainy outside. Its like my body knew it before my mind did. I guess everything just seems more hopeless in the dark and rain. Every sadness seems magnified somehow. I find it interesting how much weather can affect me. It would probably be an interesting psycological phenomenon to study.




Changing subjects...This week I finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy. Crazy, intense and thought provoking books. Aubrey pointed me in their direction and as I heard other people talking about them I got very interested and wanted to start reading them. I read the first book in just 2 days. They make you think a lot about all we take for granted, how government is run, whats right and what is wrong, war, media and all we as a society see as "entertainment". Its easy to judge the characters in the book, the country that is finding entertainment value in something so despicable and then you stop and think about how you're reading the same thing in the name of entertainment. Very interesting...

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

So glad you finished reading them! They're a good distraction. I'll have to think of another book to recommend.