May 25, 2010

Good News, Bad News, Heat & Snow!



Good News:

My brother James was supposedly being sent to Korea with the military. We then got the news that he will instead be coming to be stationed at a base in upstate NY...just 5 or 6 hours away from me and only about 4 hours from Phil!!! GREAT WONDERFUL AWESOME NEWS!!!

Bad News:

I just heard from my mom that while he and family will be coming to NY, at some point he is going to be deployed to Afganistan...Lame lame, gross, yucky news! I am so grateful to the men and women who serve our country and I'm so proud of my brother for being among them, but selfishly, the idea of him being sent anywhere dangerous terrifies me :(

Heat:

Right now in CT it is so hot and humid that I feel like I'm going to melt and die! I can't sleep at night because its too hot and I have really bizarre dreams and wake up constantly. PLUS, thanks to the lovely humidity I also have a bunch of mosquito bites! So far its not as bad as last year, but there's probably about 10 on my body right now and they're driving me NUTS! Ugh! I hate bugs!

Snow:

Really Utah? Snow??? All my fam and friends back in UT are complaining about the snow. I can't say I blame them, it is pretty lame to get snow in late May, but honestly, given the heat, humidity and mosquito bites I'm dealing with now...I'll trade Utah anytime!!! Send some cold and snow please! Kill the dang mosquitos frozen, frozen, very VERY dead! And please oh please let me sleep tonight!!!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Very very dead! :) The snow has melted and the sun is out again. We are all happy again.