Jan 25, 2009

Loving Church

So even though I've been very spiritually minded the last few months and in a pretty good place with regard to my testimony, I've had a really tough time liking church. Truth be told I haven't liked it much for over a year. Why?





A: I'm in a dreaded:



B: That singles ward is not so much a singles ward as it is a ward full of 18-20 year old girls and only a handful of guys.

Now, I don't want to knock the younger girls...some are absolutely wonderful, but the simple fact that I'm now in my late twenties and still "single" (ugh...its like a Mormon 4 letter word at my age!) just makes being in such a ward rather unbearable at times.

Its just not easy to relate to the younger girls anymore, they don't have the life experience yet. Also its very frustrating watching those barely legal girls get engaged while I sit here rotting away like a spinster.

Needless to say, I've had a bad attitude about my ward for awhile. I've even thought seriously about starting to attend a family ward instead.

Today however I really really enjoyed church! The sacrament talks were excellent, I taught Sunday school which seemed to go relatively well, and even Relief Society, which admittedly has become my least favorite hour of church, was absolutely wonderful today. I felt the Spirit a lot and had some great thoughts and insight about myself and my life and some of the decisions I'm facing right now.

Overall it was just a really great Sunday and I'm very glad...maybe there's hope for me in the "nanny" ward afterall!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Ah, yes, the dreaded singles wards! It's hard when everyone is so much younger and inexperienced... but it seems you're trying to stay positive. And I'm sure you're the best gospel doctrine teacher.