Aug 29, 2010

Temple Weekend & Proposal: Take 2



Last weekend was wonderful! I got to go to Canada for Phil's endowment at the Toronto Temple. Since my own endowment almost 2 years ago, I've waited and hoped and wished and prayed for the day I'd be in the temple with my eternal sweetheart and finally being there with him was spiritually and emotionally overwhelming in a wonderful way. I don't think I've ever felt the sort of joy and peace that I felt sitting with Phil in the Celestial Room. It was truly marvelous and I can't wait to be back there with him in 3 weeks being sealed for time and all eternity!

Before the session, Phil and I took a walk around the temple grounds with Rebecca (one of the wonderful sister missionaries who taught Phil the gospel) and Alishea. We took pictures.....





Phil and I stopped to dance.....no one else could hear the music, but I assure you it was there hehe




And then, as I sat down on the edge of one of the fountains after a few more pictures, Phil announced that he had something he needed to do...for the second time he got down on one knee and this time when he reached in his pocket he pulled out a small red velvet box with my REAL ring inside! Yay! No tears this time (well, mostly anyway!) but big BIG smiles as Phil proposed to me a second time. I of course accepted again!








And now the wedding is less than 3 weeks away! The invitations have been sent out (mostly! LOL) and my life (and my mom's) are in full on wedding planning crazy mode. Work is NOT making this process an easy one. I really need summer to end and for my nanny kids to get their little behinds back in school to give me a bit of planning time each day that doesn't take place at midnight! But crazy as it all is, things are starting to fall into place. I'm stressed to breaking point, but in 3 weeks it will be over. That is both good and sad all at the same time. I'm so anxious for the day to be here and to finally be Mrs. MacDonald and to know that Phil is mine for eternity. But at the same time, it will be sad when that special day is over...but the good news is we have a whole wonderful life in mortality and then a wonderful eternity together so I guess the wedding day is just the first beautiful step on a much MUCH better journey to come! The next time I go to Canada we're getting MARRIED! Its kind of crazy to wrap my head around! Now I just need to deal with crossing the border! Anyone out there reading this...say a prayer for me, my biggest fear at this point is being denied access into the country 2 days before the wedding! YIKES!!!!!!

To everyone travelling to share this special day with us, your efforts are very VERY appreciated! We love you all! Can't wait to see you...just 3 weeks away!!!!

Lots of love!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
The Soon To Be Mrs. MacDonald!!!!!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

The Toronto Temple is absolutely beautiful!!! I had no idea. This has me feeling much more excited about your wedding pics. With a temple that beautiful and a couple in love as you are, how won't it be perfect? :) Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!! Love you!