Feb 21, 2010

An Awesome Week!

Its been one great week for me :)

1. My First REAL Valentine's Day!



Sad but true, I've never actually been in a relationship on Valentine's Day before. I once met a boyfriend 3 days after Valentine's Day...another time I was dumped the week BEFORE Valentine's Day...but I've never had a significant other ON Valentine's Day...until NOW!!!

Of course Phil was in Canada and I was here but that didn't stop him from making sure that he was the best first Valentine I could possibly have! He sent me some gorgeous flowers and we spent all the time we coud together on Valentine's Day thanks to the wonderful, life saving technology of Skype! Thanks baby for an awesome first Valentine's Day together! I can't wait for the next one when we'll actually BE together! Hahaha I love you!

2. Amanda, the baker!



So you know if you read my blog that I've been cooking a lot lately. Up till now its been mostly cooking and NOT baking (and he few baking projects I've tried have been terrible disasters!) but now I'm getting brave and giving baking a real try. I've had a few more disasters but the one thing that's gone great is CUPCAKES! I found an absolutely superb recipe for cupcakes and I'm obsessed! My first attempt came out beautiful and delicious (pic in my current slideshow!) but I wasn't thrilled with the frosting. It was fine but I wanted amazing. I set off (across the internet) in search of an excellent buttercream recipe and I found one with great reviews. It looked really intimidating but I decided to be brave Chef (or should I say PASTRY Chef) Amanda and give it a try. It turned out SPECTACULAR! The cupcakes, the buttercream, it was all soooo delicious I had to give 90% of them away to friends just to avoid eatting them all myself! YAY me!

3. Amanda, the college graduate!



Ten years after High School I've finally recieved my Associates Degree! Granted I still have 2 years to complete a bachelors but at least this is a solid step in the right direction! It was science and math that held me up these past 10 years and I'm SOOOO happy to be done with them!!!

4. My Sweetie turns 36!



Phil's birthday was Wednesday :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!! XOXOXOX

5. Amanda, bargain shopper!



I got a super sweet deal on boots this week...80% Off!!! Oh Yeah! :)


Hope everyone had as awesome a week as I did!
XOXOXOX

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Can you share your favorite cupcake recipes with me? I'd love to give them a whirl. I'm so glad that you had a lovely, special Valentine's Day, and like you said, next year should be even better! Cute boots, too. And hurray hurrah for finally finishing those math and science classes. Love you. Miss you. :)

Stacie said...

I would love your cupcake recipe. They looked so tasty! And your boots are way cute. You're a good bargain shopper!